Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Read 'n' Seed 1


The title of the book I have chosen for the Read 'n' Seed project is "The China Study".  This book is about America's health and how it is failing.  It talks about American's and the overweight epidemic and how so many chronic diseases can actually be cured with a proper diet.  This book will look into different studies and all that nutrition can do, and what improper nutrition will also do.  

The reason I chose this book is because I have heard multiple good reviews on it and because nutrition to me is very important and is the underlying cause of so many conditions, good and bad.  I want to learn more about the power of nutrition because I hope to get into the nutrition field.  

Here are a couple links I have found regarding "The China Study".
  1. The China Study Review
  2. The China Study Website
  3. Science Based Medicine Review
Conveniently, there are four parts to this book so I will be splitting what I read into these four parts for the four quarters of this project.  There are 417 pages in this book.  In the first part there are 4 chapters, the second part has 6 chapters, the third part has 2 and the fourth part has 6.

I look forward to reading this book.  Hopefully, not only myself but the readers of my blog will learn something from the book.


4 comments:

  1. Hey Bailey!
    I wrote a long paper on America's obesity epidemic my sophmore year. In my research I found many sources suggesting that some forms of illness can actually be cured with a proper diet. The book sounds interesting, I hope it's enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that the book that you chose to read is a really good one. I am interested in nutrition and obesity so I think that would be an exciting book to read. I will look at your blog often to see how the book is going for you. I may even choose to read it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your book. It is great that you found a book in the area that you are the most interested in. I hope that you learn a lot from it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not that you need to hear from Uncle Bil (but comments ARE fun!), but I have done some ruminating on the introduction of the American diet to China. You rarely see a fat Chinese person in China, but now in the cities you're starting to see them. Not incidentally, McDonalds and KFC and Burger King are popping up all over. I also notice that there are virtually no health clubs in China; we Westerners are forced to use them to counter a diet which is at war with the human body. (And I'm a fat guy who knows about these things!) Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete