Sunday, November 27, 2011

Eye Opener: Photo Essay

For this assignment I chose to do my photos on nature.  I took the photos when I was home for Thanksgiving and thought it would be a perfect area to capture the outdoors.  I grew up with a lot of land and was always outside.  As many of us have probably heard, nature is good for our health and helps to balance and ground us.  I know for myself, just getting outside and taking a walk through our woods and taking these photos was both serene and calming.  Nature is obviously a huge part of the environment, and we should all take time to enjoy it's wonderful benefits and beauty daily.



My parents opened up an apple orchard this year!

Our very long driveway.



Love this photo- my dad built these houses and put them all over our property.

Our house, so cozy!

Lexi =) Helping me take photos.








My mom's very large flower garden, it is very pretty in the summer when everything is in bloom.


The pond behind our house.




A deer rub, my dad told me to put this in here.

We have a bunch of deer stands all over our land, this is one of many.




A ghost tree.


Deer feeder behind the house.

Lexi once again, on a tree my dad recently cut down.

A lovely bird feeder.

Rock flower garden.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Bailey!

    I really like your photo essay. Your pictures seem very calming as well and I can definitely see how nature can correlate with health. Wow how nice to have so many natural elements surround you! Must be a very peaceful place to live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bailey!
    Nice job on the photos! I loved that your parents opened an apple orchard! I also noticed in the 12th picture down from the top was a group of wheat looking plants. I've actually seen these same plants on my way up to health services and for some reason the color of them catches my eyes in the sun and helps cheer me up.

    This seems like a peaceful place to be, and I'm sure it helps to come to a place like this in the midst of school's chaos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked how you took pictures around your home and of nature. I had thought about doing this too since I live in the country. There is so much beauty in the simple things in nature that we take for granted. You did a great job of catching this with photos. And that is really awesome that your parents opened an apple orchard! My dad has a very small apple orchard and that has turned out great, so I'm sure your parents must be so fun!

    ReplyDelete