Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Share & Voice: Holiday Open House and Health Fair



I currently am interning with Michelle Russell, the lady who owns Holistic Health and Healing in the Marshall Professional Building here in Duluth.  She is a Holistic Health Practitioner as well as a certified Healing Touch Therapist, which in short is a therapy that deals with energy work.  Healing Touch offers a variety of benefits such as, calming, relaxation and relief from pain.  It is non invasive and involves hardly any touching of a person but works with our energy fields and balances us in the body, mind, and spirit. 

Coming up on December 7th and 8th there will be an open house that has a variety of health care options.  There will be booths set up with information on local businesses and informational seminars.  This would be a great opportunity for people to attend if they wish to learn more about health and wellness in the Duluth community.  Tell your friends and family!

I have attached the link for this event.
Open House

5 comments:

  1. Bailey!
    This is such an awesome post! I worked as a massage therapist for 3 years and through that I got a lot of experience with holistic health. Holistic health practicioners are more rare (especially up here) because it's not as popular as going to a primary care physician. When I was going to school to become an MT a friend on mine in the program was also becoming certified in healing touch. She had me lay on a therapy table and she held this string with a gem attatched at the end. The gem was supposed to start spinning in circles to check your energy flow. As she held it over me the thing was buzzing around in circles and it wasn't from an unsteady hand either.

    When we did chair massage for the nurses at Essentia Health (Miller Dwan then) a hospital worker told me that a nurse nurses can get clinically certified in healing touch. He knew this because he went to one with bursitis (inflammation) issues in his shoulder. He told me that he was really skeptical until the morning after the session. His pain was dramatically reduced and has been a believer in healing touch ever since.

    Where is the Marshall Professional Building by the way? I definitely want to come to this! Give me a reminder on the week of Dec7 th.

    ~Shannon Flaherty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon,

    That's very cool, are you still working as a massage therapist? I'll pay you to give me a massage! Haha. But yes, Healing Touch is very interesting and really does work, I think the gem you were talking about is called a pendulum. The pendulum is to check the status of our energy chakras to know which ones need to be opened up.
    The Marshall Professional Building is up kind of by central entrance. It is attached to the Marshall school of performing arts. And yes, I will definitely give you a reminder!
    Have a good day,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bailey!

    Sounds like an interesting event. Hmmm....Healing Touch Therapy sounds very naturalistic. I think this is a great opportunity to learn more about this style of holistic health practice. How did you learn about this as far as interning? I'm just curious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found her online early last spring. I knew I wanted to intern with someone who practices holistic health so I just looked up places in Duluth that may have that. I found Michelle and her business and just sent her an email explaining my interest and such. It's been a great experience so far!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a cool event! I know my roomate is very into this kind of stuff and would love to go. I would be interested in coming and learning more about it. That sounds like a really great internship and one that would be really rewarding. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete